Friday, November 12, 2010

day/item 4

well, i'm glad to see i can stick to something for at least 4 days...besides ice cream. i've worked out AND blogged for four days straight. this is good news for everyone involved. i'll consider you impressed.

#4 - the parents

my parents were married for 25 years, but now divorced. it makes for hectic holidays. but i love them all the same.

mama first. my doppleganger and wielder of undue influence over my neurotic tendencies and general life habits, much to my occasional chagrin. she's tiny and cute. she was a delta gamma, like me, but quit, also like me. she cheered in college (me again). so many things about her i either already do, or want to do, like not looking my age, grow huge bushes of basil (hey! new use for the glass jars!), decorate (and redecorate) homes, cook fabulous meals... mom, this is weird. stop it.


and then there is daddy - fun-loving, wise-cracking, stubborn and cynical daddy. he loves his lab rowena, back rubs, traveling with his daughters to see baseball parks, and is always up for a good time. he taught me to ride horses, wash cars, and work ethic.


wouldn't be here without ya, folks. love you very, very much individually, even though i wish things were different sometimes.

No comments: