Monday, November 22, 2010

day 12

#12 - what i believe

i always say people behave the way they really believe.
but it's not always true.

John 11:27
She said to him, “Yes, Lord. I have come to
believe that you are the Christ, God’s Son,
he who comes into the world.”

i believe God is Who He says He is.
i believe His promises and the redeeming power of His blood.
i believe the world rejects Him.
i believe my sin nailed Him to the cross.
i believe He rose and conquered the grave.
i believe He is sovereign over all.
i believe He rejoices and mourns with us.
i believe He is here with us, and He is good.
i believe Jesus saves.

it is hard to be in the world, and not of it. it is hard for me to follow God sometimes and show Him to others, like when i am tired or angry or stressed or even just lazy and selfish. i have so much sin in my heart.
it's hard to trust God when life comes crashing down around us, when i see so much pain and suffering in the world, or when i don't understand.

but He still loves me so, even with all my failure and all my doubt.
so i will choose each day to believe in the One who knows my sin and remembers it no more.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love this post. I needed to be reminded of these simple truths tonight.

hope you're doing well...hope to catch up soon, maybe...

xoxo, sarah