Thursday, April 29, 2010

monday, everyday

monday, you win. i give up.

your official 24-hour stay this week was not really any worse than usual, except that i had about a week's worth of work to finish in three days, dinner to make for eight people, a recovery to make from an overindulgence of milk of magnesia, and a husband with a brutal exam schedule. but really, nothing out of the ordinary.

except, you stayed.

tuesday, i was admiring myself/primping in the mirror at work (i'm a bit vain, ok?) and saw the faint outline of a tag through the much-higher-than-normal-for-that-shirt neckline. i had worn my shirt backwards and didn't know it. i blame it on the accompanying cardigan, but i'm pretty sure it was because i got dressed half-asleep in the dark. i was too annoyed with you to correct it and flaunted your victory over my day.

i was sure you had lost track of time and would beat a hasty retreat. boy, was i wrong. not only were two sets of quarterly reports missing in action at the office, i ordered some skincare products online a few weeks ago, and had not received them yet. i made a second order for a new-and-improved product and free cleanser, also mysteriously lost in limbo. so while on the phone with my mother, i check my order status. it said "delivered," and then i saw my fatal error--i had both orders sent to my old apartment in college. i have not used that address since i got married. it somehow showed up as my default address, and apparently i also managed to charge my dad's card for the first order (thanks dad!). i contacted the store and they put in a request to ups (i did not mention my personal sidebeef with the brown truck) for a reroute (new word!). thankfully, a good friend of my sister lives in our old apartment, graciously took my 10 p.m. phone call while studying for her last exam, and is taking care of my package(s) for me until next weekend. apparently she told anna (sister) about this a while ago, but it was not mentioned to me. thanks, sis.

so thank you, monday, for commandeering my week. you have wreaked havoc and left me annoyed and just plain tired in your wake. here's hoping for a bright and shining thursday (pleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease). but maybe i shouldn't say that just yet--i am about to make a phone call to mdes.

in other news: the law student has one more exam--EVER! graduation is next week, then look out, los angeles!

No comments: