Wednesday, February 23, 2011

hair control

my hair is kind of "kaboom" today, so it inspired this post.

i have curly hair. ok, wavy. i didn't know this until i was out of high school. but after i found out, all that frizz on rainy/humid days made so much more sense.

curly hair is kind of awesome. i don't even have to have a blow-and-go style - a little product on towel-dried hair and i'm good to go! you'd think this would save time in the getting ready department, and you'd be right, but i'm still always late. life has its mysteries.

i usually now only blow dry my hair once or twice a week - going out and maybe church, rarely for work - and almost never in the summer.
mississippi = humid = frizz anyway.

i do have to use product, though. no product makes my hair look like a limp mop. to so today, i thought i'd share my curly hair products with you, for no other reasons than a) today my hair is curly and b) boredom.

item #1, and my all-time fave

tigi bed head control freak serum, nectar of the hair gods

i really enjoy tigi products in general, but this is the one i'd take with me on a island with a one-item limit. it defines and plumps my waves while keeping my hair soft, not crunchy. plus, its sparkly! note: this product can be used to straighten hair, but it doesn't work that well for me.

item #2, the new girl

tigi catwalk curls rock! amplifier, the extra oomph

i use this creme after i use the control freak. this adds a little more control, a little more definition and a little more hold to my waves, which can lag after a long day, and never weighs them down.

every girl's hair is different, and so are our hair styling regimens/product combinations. what kind of products do you use?


1 comment:

Chicken's Mom said...

El cheapo, here. I've used any curling product you can get at Wal-Mart: Pantene, John Frieda frizz control, etc. They work some days, some days not. It's a toss of the coin every day.