Friday, January 28, 2011

and your point is...

*disclaimer: basically, this post is a shout-out to several of my favorite blogs with themes, and how mine is not.

so, i read a post here (awesome design blog that i stalk/drool over/envy/wish to emulate despite my lack of inherited design skillz) about how to grow your blog, increase traffic, and such. she has a lot of great ideas about it. as i read, i realized: my blog has no real discernible point.

i'm ok with this. my blog serves no other purpose than to publicly contain my random typings about life, marriage and pet peeves, and entertain myself and a few other readers that happen to share my hit-or-miss humor about the neuroses and experiences that shape my life. i don't need a goal or an objective. i'm not trying to sell you anything or increase my fame, although seeing new followers makes me really really happy (big. hint). i am lost on html code to make my blog super-cute and i do not have time to upload tons of pictures that i don't have tons of time to take. i honestly just have no desire to narrow my blog-vision and drive a point home. also, i like to use as many post labels as possible. you may have noticed.

sorry. remember, i've told you i have commitment issues when it comes to making inane decisions, like buying new running shoes and such. ok, i don't actually run. but whatevsies.

i would love to have a sweet and aesthetically pleasing blog like emily and tim, and write cute letters to the hubs, or to anyone, but i don't. it takes time, effort and consistency. i, personally, am an all-star amateur procrastinator, and some days i just don't feel like writing sweet notes to the law student. but i'm trying to get better about that.

or, if i had an amazing life mission like the oatsvalls, the mayernicks, sarah or katie, i would be more than happy to advocate for it. and i obviously don't have children (nfp success! yes! happy dance.), so a mommy-blog is out of the question. all i have is the roxy, and blogging obsessively about my crooked-ear pound puppy might actually drive people away.

so, for now, i am content with sharing my thoughts and adventures as a law wife, as i see fit. maybe one day i'll shape up and give you a more pointed perspective. or maybe not.

No comments: