Tuesday, December 29, 2009

birthday post--edited, because i've lost all track of time

today is my birthday! 23 with 4 years of experience, as i like to say. the law student gave me my birthday present last night. so now, a birthday present comparison post.

here's not-last year's present:roxy hart lang, affectionately known as
roxyface
foxy roxy
roxycontin
roxymoron
roxygirl
the rox

here's this year's present:
the humidifier

ok, so it's not the sexiest present ever. or the snuggliest (like the previous). but it's kind of awesome, in its own way. i did actually want one. it adds moisture to the air, which really helps with the law student's sinuses/allergies and our collective dry skin. it's programmable and can detect your room's humidity, and has a permanent filter (that necessitates washing, but it seems lately like that's all i ever do, so what's another?). and it makes that beautiful white noise. i also got an xm radio, but i got one for christmas from my dad (gonna have to start asking for different things from different people), so that's going back. all in all, the law student kind of rocks (rox! ha! sorry.) at birthdays.

so, happy birthday to me! and, in true fashion, it's not without its incident. i have managed to "follow" myself on my own blog. i have no idea how i did it or even how to undo it. and thank you, joeli, for becoming my 7th follower. it was a nice birthday present.

edited to add: the rox was not last year's present. i actually can't remember last year's birthday present (shhhhhh). but the comparison still stands.

No comments: